Phuket Island Property Services have prepared the following inventory and "PIPS Tips" to assist their clients in making informed decisions when furnishing their homes for rental purposes. Requirements may differ between apartments / condos/ townhouses and villas. Should you have any queries, you may contact us at email@example.com
A. Sample Inventory
This list is not only applicable to rental homes but may be used by owners as a handy checklist.
It may not be comprehensive, but it gives you an idea of the type of equipment you will need to furnish your holiday home, and it forms a checklist for your written inventory. It will be important that you prepare an inventory for the items you would like checked by the PIPS staff before check in and check out.
PIPS Co. Ltd provide a purchasing and procurement service to assist you in ensuring that you home is fully stocked according to your needs. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
PIPS tips: It is advisable to use a color palette for your furniture upholstery that will not show marks or heavy usage. It is best to stay away from light or plain colors.
- Furniture with removable covers for easy washing is recommended.
- Due to the tropical climate, heavy curtains / drapes and carpets are not recommended.
- A high-end home entertainment system will not necessarily increase the rental returns or occupancy of your home. One that is easily operated and functional (as well as maintained) is recommended.
- Couches and comfortable chairs, cushions, throws, chairs and armchairs, (Thai style triangular cushions add a wonderful ethnic touch.)
- Coffee tables, side or standing lamps, book shelves and books
- Home entertainment system. (TV set with remote control CD / DVD / VCD system)
- Rugs, mats, paintings pictures and prints, ashtrays
PIPS tips: If there is an outside dining area, ensure that there is equipment suitable for outside use. A BBQ of some sort is always recommended
- Table, chairs, sideboard
- Rugs, mats, paintings pictures and prints
- Candles, wastebaskets, ashtrays (if smoking is allowed), tablemats, coasters etc.
- Vacuum cleaner, sponge mop, broom, dustpan & brush
PIPS tips: Many Thai style homes can be a little short on storage space. It is wise to ensure that there are sufficient cupboards fitted with screens to prevent insects or other unwanted creepy crawlies gaining access.
An additional fridge is advisable due to the hot weathers affect on normally non-perishable items and for additional cold drinks space.
- Oven with grill, grill pan, baking tray and racks
- Hob with number of plates, extractor fan, dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave
- Kettle, coffee maker, toaster, blender, food processor, kitchen utensils
- Knives, forks, spoons, and teaspoons (at least two times the maximum number staying.)
- Serving spoons and forks and salad servers
- Carving knives, good kitchen knives, kitchen tools
- Tea towels, serviettes, clothes pegs.
- Crockery always put in a few extra sets in case of entertaining friends Coffee cups and saucers, bowls, large plates, side plates, teacups and saucers, coffee mugs, egg cups, ramekins.
- Beer, wine, water and other glasses (more glasses the merrier)
- Water jug, milk jugs, casserole dishes, storage jars
- Teapot, chopping board, plentiful good quality saucepans and frying pans of various sizes.
- Mixing bowls, grater, colander, whisk, can / bottle opener, serving dishes, plastic containers, measuring jug, potato masher.
- Kitchen stools, waste bins, trays, aprons, oven gloves and tea / dish towels or cloths.
PIPS tips: Due to the tropical climate, bathrooms will need sufficient ventilation to prevent mildew
- Waste bin, toilet brush, spare toilet rolls, shower mats, toothbrush holder and spa items (oil burners or bath salt / candle holders.
PIPS tips: It is recommended that there are at least 3 full sets of bedding and bath linen available to ensure that shortages do not occur due to bad weather or delays in the laundering process. Separate pool / beach towels are recommended.
- Ensure that sufficient space is provided for storage and is well ventilated.
- Beds, mattresses, pillows, eiderdowns, duvets, bedspreads
- Rugs, carpets, standard lamp, bedside lamp,
- Chest of drawers, dressing table (with adequate lighting), waste basket, wardrobe, clothes hangers, hair dryer, torch / flashlight, umbrellas.
General PIPS tips:
When renting, it is not advisable to stock the home with he finest of china, and glassware. Ensure that the items are readily available locally and in a style that is easily replaced.
The home should have some "homely" touches but be careful to have items that are not easily breakable. Keep in mind that the house will most likely have children about whilst creating an atmosphere in keeping with the style of your house.
Make sure that your home has a ventilated storage area for your personal items, which is lockable. Keep the key for this area separate from the rental bunch and only provide access in case of emergencies to your rental company if necessary. DO NOT place your personal effects in the same room as the electrical switch boxes or water heaters.